Greek English
Home Page / The Village / Churches
Print this page
  • Georgian Monastery of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Chrysoyialiotissa (10th – 16th centuries A.D.) This Monastery’s catholic is triconch. This shape is unusual for Cyprus and a small church dedicated to Agios Georgios is also attached to the monastery (end of 10th – beginning of 11th century).
  • Approximately 200 m north-east of the monastery there is a church dedicated to Agios Nicolaos, while a crypt is also found in the church. The monastery used to have its own mill, the remains of which can be found in the west. Its benefactors included great Kings of Georgia such as David IV the Builder (1089-1125) and Thamar (1184-1213).
  • The Chapel of Agios Georgios was built a few years ago by the residents of the village. 


Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc
No images, text or other material whatsoever from this website may be copied, published, re-produced or otherwise used without the written permission of NETinfo Services Ltd.